Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Wide]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

[Centred][caption2]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style3]

Display Trending Posts

No

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

"Yes"

BECOME A TOUR HOST

BECOME A TOUR HOST
Click to go to the sign-up form and feel free to share the badge!
Powered by Blogger.

Dragon Rising Excerpt 7



Excerpt from Asher's Journal






June 16, 2033

Days without food – 5
Days without sleep – 1


I’m doing better at getting sleep now, whether that’s from exhaustion or adaptation, I don’t know. Either way, I’ve managed to avoid the gangs so far. I’m alive and that’s all that matters. If I can keep it together…if I can survive this first wave of death, someone will get things back up and running, right? There’ll be radio or an Army convoy, or something. There has to be. 

This can’t be all there is. 
IT CAN’T BE. IT CAN’T.
Can it?

I want to write…to document what I’m seeing. The ache is so bad it makes me shake. But I can’t. Every time I try to write this insanity crystalizes and my hand seizes.

This can’t be.

Not the barricades.
Not the gangs.
The guns.
The rape.
The starvation…

My stomach burns brighter than my will






QuickEdit
Laura BurgandyIce
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

[name=Prism Book Tours] [img=https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjIeKEgQU_DnDUCvXl6y37mpqo6ISYOfrZpvdelZzwQ30rjM7sH271kc_ks7ZvgOB5S3Ipoq6_HMYSAizJit8Bq8oRYSIH2q98Y5AhXUy3labXCJ3wV-9MKa1QfdWcZaKU3LRwOFqnVF4I/s150/Button+2017+-+Prism.jpg] [description=We have years of book blogging and promotional tour experience. Our goal is to provide affordable options to authors and publishers for promoting their books, while also adding creative touring. We hope you enjoy working with us!] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/PrismBookTours?target=_blank) (twitter=https://twitter.com/PrismBookTours?target=_blank) (instagram=https://instagram.com/prismbooktours/?target=_blank) (bloglovin=http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6415979?target=_blank) (pinterest=http://www.pinterest.com/PrismBookTours/?target=_blank)

Follow @georgialoustudios