Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Wide]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

[Centred][caption2]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style3]

Display Trending Posts

No

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

"Yes"

BECOME A TOUR HOST

BECOME A TOUR HOST
Click to go to the sign-up form and feel free to share the badge!
Powered by Blogger.

Dragon Rising Excerpt 6


Entry in Asher's Journal







June 10, 2033

Days without food – 3
Days without sleep – 0


I dreamt of Mom this afternoon. My first real sleep in almost a week and that’s what comes. Now I know that God is dead. I really wanted to prove Nietzsche wrong. Not to be superior, but because I hated the asshole. But he was right.

In the dream I was covered in hot blood, still pumping from the body beneath me. I’ll never forget Mom’s eyes. They were so wide and dark that I could’ve fallen into them. The man whose life was emptying in streams onto my feet – he’d had a bag of candy. She found us just as I shoved the salvation into my mouth, the chocolate melting in black rivers between my fingers like blood.

I woke up gagging, but when there’s nothing in your stomach, all you get is pain. No relief.

Awesome.

I keep promising myself not to kill (including myself), not if I don’t have to. But what if I have to?

God help me.

Oh, yeah. I already decided He’s DEAD.

Long live the Superman.









QuickEdit
Laura BurgandyIce
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

[name=Prism Book Tours] [img=https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjIeKEgQU_DnDUCvXl6y37mpqo6ISYOfrZpvdelZzwQ30rjM7sH271kc_ks7ZvgOB5S3Ipoq6_HMYSAizJit8Bq8oRYSIH2q98Y5AhXUy3labXCJ3wV-9MKa1QfdWcZaKU3LRwOFqnVF4I/s150/Button+2017+-+Prism.jpg] [description=We have years of book blogging and promotional tour experience. Our goal is to provide affordable options to authors and publishers for promoting their books, while also adding creative touring. We hope you enjoy working with us!] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/PrismBookTours?target=_blank) (twitter=https://twitter.com/PrismBookTours?target=_blank) (instagram=https://instagram.com/prismbooktours/?target=_blank) (bloglovin=http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6415979?target=_blank) (pinterest=http://www.pinterest.com/PrismBookTours/?target=_blank)

Follow @georgialoustudios