Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Wide]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

[Centred][caption2]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style3]

Display Trending Posts

No

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

"Yes"

BECOME A TOUR HOST

BECOME A TOUR HOST
Click to go to the sign-up form and feel free to share the badge!
Powered by Blogger.

Dragon Rising Excerpt 8-9


From Asher's journal

Excerpt 8:




June 20th, 2033

Days without food – 0
Days without sleep – 0


Thank God I still have my journal! I have no idea why it matters, but it does. It’s…

Anyway. I was robbed last night while I slept. I guess I should be grateful that I’m still alive. (And I’m not being tortured. Bonus.) And I’m grateful that they didn’t see my sword and take it.

It sucks that I lost the beans though. Goddammit. I haven’t eaten anything real in… I was saving it like dessert. Isn’t that crazy? Moldy donuts for dinner and a bean can tucked in my fist like it was chocolate pudding. And now it’s gone.




Excerpt 9:
(Expletives can be symboled/edited out!)



Remaining possessions:

1 jian, thank the Great Powers of the Universe
1 t shirt, grey
1 pair sweatpants, 2 holes
1 pair sneakers, already falling apart
1 charcoal hoodie
1 journal

Unfortunately when they took my rain jacket they got the pic of Lacey. I don’t know why that matters to me either. The likelihood that she’s still alive is about nil, I’m sure. She was about as prepared for the apocalypse as Helen of Troy was for rejection.

Maybe that’s unfair.
Shit.
Sorry, Lace. Wherever you are, I hope that it’s better than this hellhole.

Anyway, I miss that picture. It was more a piece of me than a piece of her. We’d been broken up for what…almost a year? But that picture, her laugh breaking bigger than the frame… It was me at sixteen.

I fucking miss me at sixteen




QuickEdit
Laura BurgandyIce
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

[name=Prism Book Tours] [img=https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjIeKEgQU_DnDUCvXl6y37mpqo6ISYOfrZpvdelZzwQ30rjM7sH271kc_ks7ZvgOB5S3Ipoq6_HMYSAizJit8Bq8oRYSIH2q98Y5AhXUy3labXCJ3wV-9MKa1QfdWcZaKU3LRwOFqnVF4I/s150/Button+2017+-+Prism.jpg] [description=We have years of book blogging and promotional tour experience. Our goal is to provide affordable options to authors and publishers for promoting their books, while also adding creative touring. We hope you enjoy working with us!] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/PrismBookTours?target=_blank) (twitter=https://twitter.com/PrismBookTours?target=_blank) (instagram=https://instagram.com/prismbooktours/?target=_blank) (bloglovin=http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6415979?target=_blank) (pinterest=http://www.pinterest.com/PrismBookTours/?target=_blank)

Follow @georgialoustudios